Am I in the right place?

• pthorpe
  • pthorpe's Avatar Topic Author
  • super white boarder
  • super white boarder
  • Thank you received: 77

pthorpe created the topic: Am I in the right place?

Having not been on here for a variety of reasons, the main one being the problems I experienced a few months ago when I could not find the website, as Wendy will testify, I decided today was a good time to bet "back in the saddle".
I'm shocked that there has been no posts since Mangler posted his thread about the pro's and con's of the transfer window.
I know the club is in a huge mess, but there has to be more to it than that for the general apathy I found today.
Or did I access a different site in error?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 389

Mangler replied the topic: Am I in the right place?

You are indeed in the right place, Mr Thorpe. I'm afraid this forum seems to have died of death the last few months... I still check in most days, but as you have seen, there is next to no activity anymore.

A shame really, as it had a decent following a couple of years' back.

• pthorpe
  • super white boarder
  • super white boarder

pthorpe replied the topic: Am I in the right place?

That really is too bad Mangler. I really believe the damage was done when there was that period of time when it was almost impossible to locate the website.

Let's hope all of the regulars return.

• Thank you received: 182

RMc replied the topic: Am I in the right place?

All the forums are quiet. Bolton Banter and Burnden Aces have closed theirs.

And of course this forum didn't have many posting members (and it was never intended that it would have)

Keep checking back. Hopefully we'll get a few decent discussions going.

• Thank you received: 219

josh8 replied the topic: Am I in the right place?

Hi all...I'm sorry, I don't get the time to post these days... still heavily involved in the Trust and took a conscious decision to step back from the forum, I didn't want to come across as bias towards it and I was very aware that people from the other forums would have something to say...

but you'll be surprised at the amount of traffic that still comes through here...it gets a couple of thousand unique visitors on a quiet week... but the biggest single factor is the twitter account... which drives alot of the traffic here... I did have a lad who ran it for a while, but he got into a couple of spats and decided to call it a day.. so if there's anybody who wants to take it on...just message me..

I don't mind keeping it going if someone wants to carry it on...(I can even email all the forum members) people will just keep coming to look and if nothing is posted... they won't respond...

@b4josh8

• Thank you received: 157

Britlass replied the topic: Am I in the right place?

I'm still here but when no one else has anything to say, it it hard to start a conversation from across the Atlantic.

As for Twitter...Not used it in a few years. Facebook is my go-to place. Burndenaces dropped their forum because most of the interest was on their Facebook account. Personally, I prefer the forums to FB, which I use for other groups, mostly related to Bolton "then" and "now".

what, What, WHAT

I'm still here but when no one else has anything to say, it it hard to start a conversation from across the Atlantic.

As for Twitter...Not used it in a few years. Facebook is my go-to place. Burndenaces dropped their forum because most of the interest was on their Facebook account. Personally, I prefer the forums to FB, which I use for other groups, mostly related to Bolton "then" and "now".

what, What, WHAT

• pthorpe
  • super white boarder
  • super white boarder

Who are you Wendy? JJ Okocha? So good you posted twice!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Britlass

• Thank you received: 38

supacool replied the topic: Am I in the right place?

Hello everyone, miss y'all.

Maybe when we get back into the championship our interest in this forum will come back.

@beejaybajoe

Supacoolness Personified

• Thank you received: 1

wildebed replied the topic: Am I in the right place?

I'm still here - which is probably a long way from other people.
I am also optimistic !

• Thank you received: 81

Sofa fan replied the topic: Am I in the right place?

Echo echo

• Thank you received: 70

White Tiger replied the topic: Am I in the right place?

I've been unable to log onto the site for months. Kept getting a load of chinese or japanese writing, or sent to other websites every time I found the site and tried to log on.

I live in Thailand and decided a site administrator had locked me out or suspended my account. I could think of no other explanation. I'm currently on holiday in the UK logging on using a different internet service provider and bingo I got into the site for the 1st time in months.

I'll see if I can still get on after I return to Thailand in a couple of weeks. In the meantime it's good to be back. Glad to see the super whites back in winning form again.

@seanoharaauthor

"I gave the people of Bolton champagne but all they wanted was beer" Ian Greaves

• Thank you received: 12

PeterG replied the topic: Am I in the right place?

Hi Guys. It's nice to see some interest picking up again. Amazing what a couple of wins will do. Echoing everyone else's comments... it's hard to get fired up when there is so little news on BWFC in the media. No TV, no press coverage in our neck of the woods. I've been forced to support the Vancouver Whitecaps!!!

• pthorpe
  • super white boarder
  • super white boarder

Hello PG, long time no hear, welcome back. I'm in your backyard in June, (off to Victoria), let me know if you arplan to be on the Island during the last 2 weeks of the month.

White Tiger, I endured similar problems to you and it was very frustrating, welcome back to you too.

The following user(s) said Thank You: White Tiger

• Thank you received: 12

PeterG replied the topic: Am I in the right place?

Hi Pete, nice to hear from you. I just got back from California and I'm off next weekend to my cabin for the summer. I'll do a few days skiing at Whistler, then off to McGillivray Falls for a couple of months fishing. Enjoy Victoria.

• Thank you received: 210

Denn replied the topic: Am I in the right place?

Not been on for a while now.

I have attended a few games this season and probably enjoyed more than I didn't. A few teams have come to the Macron and made life difficult for us, Bristol Rovers were one of the best teams I have seen along with Scunthorpe.
Away form has been impressive scoring plenty goals and looking pretty solid at the back.
Today will be a hard game V Chesterfield, same old Bolton enters the equation here...big crowd and flop? I sincerely hope not. Unfortunately I couldn't make the game today as it would be nice to see the ground almost full again.
Keep the faith and promotion maybe only a few more games away.

Denn

Denn

Correct Denn, they held us to a 0-0 draw. Still, at least we didn't lose, which in the past we would have done. A couple of teams right below us did us the favour of losing or drawing, which keeps us still on track.

what, What, WHAT

At the end of the day Chesterfield effectively parked a bus yesterday. They got lucky a few times, helped by reffing at this level which tends to let a lot more go. Without Madine we had no aerial threat without a set piece and they dealt with crossed pretty well. We are not yet the kind of team that can breakdown teams with that mentality and to be fair not many teams in this div play that way and had they not been in rel places they prob wouldn't have been? That was (given other results) a game closer to automativ promotion!

• Thank you received: 8

MoiDawg replied the topic: Am I in the right place?

I'm still here. Pop in every now and then to check on things but that's about it!

• Thank you received: 137

BUNBURY replied the topic: Am I in the right place?

Fingers crossed for next season in The Championship.

• Thank you received: 210

Denn replied the topic: Am I in the right place?

Were in that position where probably another win and a draw will get us automatic promotion. Disappointed at Scunthorpe because their only real effort on goal went in. I thought Howard should probably have done better. Seems our keepers have dropped a few clangers this season.

Was in your bar last night, Bunbury's on Chorley Old Rd, great place for some superb and different beers.

Denn

Should just squeeze over the line, must be a win or two amongst port vale, oldham, bury and peterborough! Concerned that we struggle ti break defences down without a target man. Clearly we only have Madine who can perform that role. Shame given that Clayton and Long look like they have pace and would do well running onto angled passes etc.

• Thank you received: 70

White Tiger replied the topic: Am I in the right place?

Lots of problems logging on again from Thailand. Getting a message saying I am a hacker or an otherwise bad person then get kicked off the site.

@seanoharaauthor

"I gave the people of Bolton champagne but all they wanted was beer" Ian Greaves

That's not good. Thankfully, I didn't have a problem.

what, What, WHAT

Time to create page: 0.339 seconds